Wednesday, April 14, 2010

1 Corinthians Chapter 12, 1-14.

I have encountered (worse, am living with) those who feel that anything outside their experience is automatically of the devil, even when I attempt to show them this passage in the Bible.

7. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of =all=.
8. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit.
9. To another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit.
10. To another the workings of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another =different= kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.

From the Gideon's Bible because that version specifically mentions "prophecy". Of course the Vedic and other literature of India are full of the Siddhis, where they are far more commonly accepted and sought.

I know that the Bible also warns against false prophets etc., but know that I have been wrong in the past and will be wrong again in the future. When I am, I will say so, and I will adjust what I'm doing as a result. I do not have a Divine Certainty of what is occuring; I am simply reporting what I perceive as best I can, balancing my findings against the passage of time and the correct works of others on this same topic (2012). This is for the benefit of any who wish to use it, and for no other reason, except that I do enjoy the spiritual dollars gained from being of service.

Some who know me, know of my unhappy and unhappy-making past. This site is an attempt at making good, at doing some sort of good deed, on a subject which effects us all, increasingly. I am, as the story says, attempting to feed my white wolf.

"Christianity teaches that within each man, there is a white wolf, and a black wolf, each fighting for supremacy."

"But father, which one will win?"

"Whichever one you feed."